Welcome to my blog! I'm Karen Belt, a Deputy Principal, working at Lynmore Primary School in Rotorua, New Zealand. In the past I have taught Years 0 - 4 and used 1:1 iPads to engage and motivate learners and improve student achievement. This blog documents my teaching and leadership journey and my learning processes with iPads in the classroom. I am a Google Certified Educator #SYD17 and I'm proud of having been a member of the inaugural Manaiakalani Digital Teaching Academy(MDTA) program and a Spark Manaiakalani Innovative Teacher (MIT) and an inaugural Manaiakalani Google Class OnAir teacher.

Thursday 20 February 2014

Expanding Oral Language through brainstorming and gifting

Team teaching to the fore today!  As part of our writing we put together a brainstorm of ideas using the idea of “down at the river”.  It was great to see the ideas continually embellished by the students as they drew on the ideas of the student that contributed before them.  Some words were gifted to the students during the session (eg moat) and it was great to have Michelle getting the ideas from the students as I recorded them on the whiteboard.  We reflected after the lesson that it would have been great to have some of the ideas recorded via video so next time we do the session we will set up an ipad to record the whole session, knowing that we can cut out pieces that we’d like to use.

No comments :

Post a Comment