Welcome to my blog! I'm Karen Belt, a Deputy Principal, working at Lynmore Primary School in Rotorua, New Zealand. In the past I have taught Years 0 - 4 and used 1:1 iPads to engage and motivate learners and improve student achievement. This blog documents my teaching and leadership journey and my learning processes with iPads in the classroom. I am a Google Certified Educator #SYD17 and I'm proud of having been a member of the inaugural Manaiakalani Digital Teaching Academy(MDTA) program and a Spark Manaiakalani Innovative Teacher (MIT) and an inaugural Manaiakalani Google Class OnAir teacher.

Monday 17 February 2014

Progress already ...

Today we again discussed our weekends with Michelle and I modelling the conversation that we wanted the students to have with peers about what they did.  This was much more successful today with most students sharing with their partner and all students able to tell the whole class what they did on the weekend - woohoo for progress!  Then we recorded the students stories in their writing book and each student copied this text underneath before videoing their story.  All students were able to recite at least one sentence of their story to the video including students who had previously refused to be videoed).  Its great to be able to see progress so quickly with students now more willing to not only share orally but also be recorded!


  

No comments :

Post a Comment