Welcome to my blog! I'm Karen Belt, a Deputy Principal, working at Lynmore Primary School in Rotorua, New Zealand. In the past I have taught Years 0 - 4 and used 1:1 iPads to engage and motivate learners and improve student achievement. This blog documents my teaching and leadership journey and my learning processes with iPads in the classroom. I am a Google Certified Educator #SYD17 and I'm proud of having been a member of the inaugural Manaiakalani Digital Teaching Academy(MDTA) program and a Spark Manaiakalani Innovative Teacher (MIT) and an inaugural Manaiakalani Google Class OnAir teacher.

Friday 14 March 2014

Even more uses for EE ....

Having an unexpected block of time today, as a class we focused on learning to write our own names! I decided to use Explain Everything for this as it gave the students another opportunity for them to use their stylus and those students that have only started in the last week haven't had the opportunity to do that! Using each students' place card as a prompt, students opened a blank EE document and copied their name. Those more confident students did this without using the prompt card, and for those that required additional scaffolding, I wrote their name and had them copy first over the top of my letters (in a different colour) and then underneath. We've uploaded samples of students names to their Google Drives so we have a record of where they are at during their first few weeks of school with writing their name and can monitor their progress!

No comments :

Post a Comment