Welcome to my blog! I'm Karen Belt, a Deputy Principal, working at Lynmore Primary School in Rotorua, New Zealand. In the past I have taught Years 0 - 4 and used 1:1 iPads to engage and motivate learners and improve student achievement. This blog documents my teaching and leadership journey and my learning processes with iPads in the classroom. I am a Google Certified Educator #SYD17 and I'm proud of having been a member of the inaugural Manaiakalani Digital Teaching Academy(MDTA) program and a Spark Manaiakalani Innovative Teacher (MIT) and an inaugural Manaiakalani Google Class OnAir teacher.

Friday 7 March 2014

Our first visitors ....

This week we had our first outside visitors to the classroom (visitors are a regular occurrence at Pt England).  The visitors were particularly keen to capture our iPad instructions display, where we have step by step visual instructions for our learners for each app that we introduce.  During today's visit we had students on KidPix on the eMacs, students completing reading activities on Explain Everything, and two guided reading sessions with the teachers using the PM eCollection.  We also had some students taking a photo of their reading activity and using AirPlay to display this on the class TV.




No comments :

Post a Comment