Welcome to my blog! I'm Karen Belt, a Deputy Principal, working at Lynmore Primary School in Rotorua, New Zealand. In the past I have taught Years 0 - 4 and used 1:1 iPads to engage and motivate learners and improve student achievement. This blog documents my teaching and leadership journey and my learning processes with iPads in the classroom. I am a Google Certified Educator #SYD17 and I'm proud of having been a member of the inaugural Manaiakalani Digital Teaching Academy(MDTA) program and a Spark Manaiakalani Innovative Teacher (MIT) and an inaugural Manaiakalani Google Class OnAir teacher.

Tuesday 17 June 2014

Sharing my journey with others

Yesterday I had the opportunity to join Dorothy in facilitating a professional development day for the teachers at Omokoroa School in Tauranga, centred on the use of Google Apps in Education.

It was amazing to see such enthusiasm for the ideas we shared and assist these teachers in up-skilling in the use of Google Apps including Docs, Drive, Spreadsheets, Forms and Sites and share my amazing journey to date.

After lunch we split into two, with Dorothy conducting a session specific to Chromebooks and I facilitated a session on the use of iPads and shared how we used Google Drive, Teacher Dashboard and Explain Everything in our day to day program.

I feel extremely privileged to be part of the MDTA program, working in a school that is proud to be a digital learning environment, and having opportunities such as today to share my successes so that others can benefit.  As a result of some of the questions that I was asked today, I plan to create further screen casts to continue to showcase the systems and learning that happens in Class 20 - watch this space!! Today really emphasised that others want to share in the learning that I'm doing, which in itself is a further motivation for me on this amazing journey!




No comments :

Post a Comment