Welcome to my blog! I'm Karen Belt, a Deputy Principal, working at Lynmore Primary School in Rotorua, New Zealand. In the past I have taught Years 0 - 4 and used 1:1 iPads to engage and motivate learners and improve student achievement. This blog documents my teaching and leadership journey and my learning processes with iPads in the classroom. I am a Google Certified Educator #SYD17 and I'm proud of having been a member of the inaugural Manaiakalani Digital Teaching Academy(MDTA) program and a Spark Manaiakalani Innovative Teacher (MIT) and an inaugural Manaiakalani Google Class OnAir teacher.

Tuesday 19 August 2014

iMovie ... the upgrade!

Over the last school holidays I upgraded my OS to Mavericks and as a result of this, I now have the new iMovie!  I've always been a "learn by doing" person and have definitely found this continues with using iMovie - at the beginning of the year I'd never used it at all, and this week I've finished my 6th movie - this time using the new version!

I actually found having used the previous versions, that the new version was easier to use!  Some of the features that I "knew" existed somewhere, took slightly longer to find in the new version but once I'd located them I was away!

Each term our class needs to produce a movie for PENN (Pt England News) and today is our scheduled turn - check out this terms class movie which explores what Class 20 thinks makes a champion and incorporates some of the exploring we have been doing in class using our QR codes.



With our PENN movie complete and reading for broadcasting, tomorrow is filming day for our Manaiakalani Film Festival movie.  Yesterday we had a "dress rehearsal" with the costumes so I could work out what we still needed.  Thankfully we are nearly sorted and the learners are getting really excited about filming day!  I just hope that we manage to get it all sorted in the one day - I have scripted the movie, and listed out screen shots that we need!  It will just depend on the learners - they always say never work with children or animals - time will tell if that is a wise adage.


No comments :

Post a Comment