Welcome to my blog! I'm Karen Belt, a Deputy Principal, working at Lynmore Primary School in Rotorua, New Zealand. In the past I have taught Years 0 - 4 and used 1:1 iPads to engage and motivate learners and improve student achievement. This blog documents my teaching and leadership journey and my learning processes with iPads in the classroom. I am a Google Certified Educator #SYD17 and I'm proud of having been a member of the inaugural Manaiakalani Digital Teaching Academy(MDTA) program and a Spark Manaiakalani Innovative Teacher (MIT) and an inaugural Manaiakalani Google Class OnAir teacher.

Sunday 1 February 2015

Nearly Day 1: 2015

Tonight is the eve of the start of my second year of teaching and the first year with my own class!  I'm hugely excited about meeting my learners tomorrow and introducing them to school at Pt England!

I've been working behind the scenes preparing my Class Blog and Site for 2015 and these are now live!  Part of the great thing about being a Google School is most of the work can be completed from home so I could also enjoy some family time!  I wanted to personalise both my blog and site appropriately for my five year old learners and their families.  I admit to spending ages deliberating around what to call my blog for 2015.  In the end, the majority of my class are starting school for the first time, so they are effectively launching their learning journey - hence Launchpad i-19, (the i to signify the iPads we use for learning and Room 19 is our class number!)



Already its been a busy start to 2015 as I attended Summer School at Auckland University and have now submitted two assignments for this paper.  We also had Professional Development for all junior teachers as the school launches the 1:1 iPad program in the junior school.  It's been immensely satisfying to be involved in the whole process and assist in preparing the devices for the learners.  I hope to take the time to document the Apple Configurator/Meraki process over the coming weeks so others can learn from our experiences.

For now, as I finish off the last few things before the official first day of 2015, I can't wait!  I'm ready to launch into teaching for 2015 ... follow my journey!





No comments :

Post a Comment