Welcome to my blog! I'm Karen Belt, a Deputy Principal, working at Lynmore Primary School in Rotorua, New Zealand. In the past I have taught Years 0 - 4 and used 1:1 iPads to engage and motivate learners and improve student achievement. This blog documents my teaching and leadership journey and my learning processes with iPads in the classroom. I am a Google Certified Educator #SYD17 and I'm proud of having been a member of the inaugural Manaiakalani Digital Teaching Academy(MDTA) program and a Spark Manaiakalani Innovative Teacher (MIT) and an inaugural Manaiakalani Google Class OnAir teacher.

Tuesday 21 April 2015

Loving the Learning Space

On my first full day of teaching in my new learning space, I'm loving it!  I'm inspired by the colour on the walls and relaxed atmosphere in the classroom but am also able to encourage the learners to choose a space to work in which worked really well today!





Some learners spread out on our huge carpet rug to work with their iPads, while others chose the ABCs mat or couches as a place to either build, read or work with their iPad.  Importantly, those that prefer working at the desks still have that option.  It was noticeable that the noise level was lower today as the spaces had the learners more spread around the classroom.



I'm finding that the computer space is working really well - and its more of a "station" than just a line along the wall.  This has given me access to more wall space which makes changing and adding to displays so much easier.   My teaching station, although to one side of the classroom, gives me visibility on all areas so I'm able to monitor what learners are doing.

1 comment :

  1. Looks great Karen, kids working together in choice ways.

    ReplyDelete