Welcome to my blog! I'm Karen Belt, a Deputy Principal, working at Lynmore Primary School in Rotorua, New Zealand. In the past I have taught Years 0 - 4 and used 1:1 iPads to engage and motivate learners and improve student achievement. This blog documents my teaching and leadership journey and my learning processes with iPads in the classroom. I am a Google Certified Educator #SYD17 and I'm proud of having been a member of the inaugural Manaiakalani Digital Teaching Academy(MDTA) program and a Spark Manaiakalani Innovative Teacher (MIT) and an inaugural Manaiakalani Google Class OnAir teacher.

Wednesday 5 August 2015

Sharing my experiences

It's always great to get opportunities to share my experiences and what exciting things I have happening in Room 19 with my learners using 1:1 iPads.  One such opportunity happened today with a group of visitors to Manaiakalani.    My Google Presentation touched briefly on some of the ways we use the iPad in Reading, Writing and Maths and I linked to examples that I have blogged about in the past.



6 comments :

  1. This was a fabulous presentation Karen. Thank you for your generosity in sharing your expertise with your colleagues from around New Zealand. We are learning so much from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy and for today's opportunity! I continue to feel honoured for the opportunity that the MDTA programme has given me and enjoy sharing some of the amazing things that happen in my classroom.

      Delete
  2. The EE examples are my favourite part of your sharing along with the honest commentary of how they work and what you learnt from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juanita - its great to have a medium where I can reflect on how the projects have gone, and be able to revisit it in the future!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic presentation Karen. It gives a great overview of what you are doing with the 1:1 ipads. Can I join you in your class when I am at PBS on Wednesday (tomorrow)?

    ReplyDelete