Welcome to my blog! I'm Karen Belt, a Deputy Principal, working at Lynmore Primary School in Rotorua, New Zealand. In the past I have taught Years 0 - 4 and used 1:1 iPads to engage and motivate learners and improve student achievement. This blog documents my teaching and leadership journey and my learning processes with iPads in the classroom. I am a Google Certified Educator #SYD17 and I'm proud of having been a member of the inaugural Manaiakalani Digital Teaching Academy(MDTA) program and a Spark Manaiakalani Innovative Teacher (MIT) and an inaugural Manaiakalani Google Class OnAir teacher.

Tuesday 15 September 2015

Capturing the learning from other apps ... with Explain Everything

We've been using the 100s board to practice our skip counting (in 10s and 2s) during maths time.  Often this will be an independent task and I want to capture what progress they are making.  Last week I introduced my top maths group to screen shots on their iPads.  We then imported the photos they had taken into Explain Everything - up to this point they had been taking photos from within Explain Everything so this was a new way of using their tools.

They took to the concept very quickly and they were able to complete the task and then record on their Explain Everything project to show their learning.  This gave me visibility of what they were doing and I could quickly ascertain that one learner was stumbling in the "teens" even with the visual in front of her.  Another learner was confident with the counting however "sixty" and "eighty" crept in rather than "sixteen" and "eighteen".






No comments :

Post a Comment